1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to bid 250,000 sqft?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J&M Lawncare, Dec 11, 2003.

1. J&M Lawncare

J&M Lawncare Junior Member

Hi,

I am putting a bid together for a local factory. They have 250k sqft, and was wondering about how long it may take to complete?

It is open area for the most part, nothing to difficult. I figure on $65-70/hr.

Then they also want it trucked away when there is a heavy snow, this will get subbed out, but what could I expect to be charged for this. (I'm calling trucking co. in the am.)

I have on truck 7.6 blade, spreader. and a quad for the sidewalks.

Thanks for the help.:cool:

2. North Country

North Country Senior Member

We charge a minimum of $100 per hour for Removal or Push Back for a skidsteer and a 1 ton dump. Obviously that price will change when you add more or larger equipment. Also take into consideration uel and the snow disposal situation in your area. Where we are there is a snow field in town, you need to buy a permit to dump there but it's only $125. The sub will pass these costs on to you. Get a quote fro a couple of subs before you bid it. - michael