1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to become a Boss plow dealer?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jlouki01, Dec 9, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Anyone know the process of becoming a Boss snow plow dealer?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Dont call any of the other plow manufacturers.

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

buy 1 million dollars worth of plows and parts .

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You can contact your local boss distributor and see about becoming a sub dealer.Or you can go through Boss and set it up. Being a sub dealer wont require as much of an investment to get going

6. Deco

Deco Senior Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ up front. oh and 800 credit

7. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

If you have a a boss dealer close to you , your not going to be able to due to the fact that boos offers a no conmpete clause when you buy into them. There is one boss dealer by me ( general welding ) and they have one sub dealer. Just what i was told.

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I want to say the closest dealer is like 20ish miles away.

9. Deco

Deco Senior Member

no such thing as a "non competitive clause " when your chumming up big coin and pushing THEIR product . they will hook you up with all the equipment your little heart desires ......ESPECIALLY THESE DAYS . it's been done here

10. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

That's the problem. The one place I could be a sub dealer for.. sucks and that is why there is a great opportunity to become a better dealer.

11. grandview

I think he's right,one big Boss dealer around here and a couple of parts places that sell some Boss stuff.

I wish we could get a few more dealers around here maybe it would lower the price a little.Because every time you walk into the dealer you better be greased up!:eek:

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Grease??? I thought you used Fluid Film religiously? :D

13. grandview

FF is not to be used for personal use!:eek:

14. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Price is only second....a distant second to service. During the last storm my local 'dealer' (not boss) 'closed because of the storm' sometime before 4 p.m...:dizzy::realmad: Yes his price was good but he cost me productivity so any savings is lost in down time.