1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to Become a Blizzard Dealer

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dodge2500, Nov 9, 2009.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew who to contact about trying to become a Blizzard dealer. There is one dealer the next county to the West of me but none even close to the East and the one to the West is terrible. Any help would be great.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

3. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

r u talking about the one in valpo??? I am selling all my blizzard plows due to the new owners. They suck. dont return phone calls dont stock parts. can t fix anything. I heard a rumor that there is a new dealer coming to area soon. came from blizzard rep himself

4. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I am referring to the one in valpo and have tried to contact blizzard through email and their contact thing on their site. So if anyone knows how I can get ahold of a rep and try to find some information that would be great. The new dealer in valpo is terrible I refuse to work with him.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Stony sold out due to the recent changes that Blizzard did. He didn't want to deal with having to stock stuff for new and old styles, ending up sitting on a lot of his inventory, etc... Mounting and everything is different this year and he didn't want the headache I guess. As for how to become a dealer, fat chance. They go by region and Valpo has it. Even if they did consider it you'd have to be a stocking distributor meaning you'd probably have to spend say, $100k on inventory on your FIRST order.

My buddie's been trying to be a Western dealer for years. One company has the area nailed down. We still get sub pricing which is good, but doesn't compare. Most local "Western" dealers are actually sub dealers through them. The amount we spend on parts alone should warrant a license, but no go. They're (Western) selling the stuff anyhow so why do they care.

6. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Thanks for the info h20. I figured it would be a royal pain. I knew Stone well and he was great to deal with. He knew everything about the Blizzard stuff and if you had his cell number, he would even fix your plow in the middle of the night as he did for me. I have not been impressed by the guy who took over the dealership. He doesn't know anything. I have mounted and installed about every brand of plow on about every brand of truck and just thought I would look into getting a dealership. I just feel that there is a need for a dealer that offers 24/7 service during storms and would already be out plowing and could have a service truck out with parts and be able to service people in NW Indiana. I just don't know why they would allow someone to have the dealership that doesn't have the know-how to get the job done and actually be at their place of business and return calls and at least try to have good service.

7. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I thought Stone got out... wasn't sure but the some hydraulic shop took over the dealership didn't they? Off 250 (tower road)?

I got to say I never understood Stone though. He could have made a killing in salt alone but never wanted to sell any of it. Blew me off 3 or 4 times when I asked about buying. Kinda sucks too because I can damn near see his house from mine! No biggeee though...........

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  8. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Stone did get out and sold to Valpo Hydraulic. If you are looking fro salt at descent prices in our area try Mitsch Water and Salt. He is pretty reasonable and sells diamond crystal stuff. I will admit though Stone was expensive but he never blew me off at all. He even parked his loader in the middle of the night to repair my plow. That is the kinda service that we all need during storms.

9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Why would DD care how crummy it's dealer base is on Blizzard plows? They don't give a rats rear about Blizzards, they just bought the brand for the patent... I give it 3 more years and you wont even be able to buy a new Blizzard, you'll be stuck with red and yellow wannabe Blizzards... As it is, the new white plows are not your father's Blizzard, totally different animal...

10. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Thanks - yea don't read into my post wrong. I think he's a real good guy I just didn't understand the whole salt thing. He had to had a half a million pounds of salt in there when I was last there :laughing: Got a pretty good source right now but I'll def check into your lowell source.

11. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Timberseal, the guy in Lowell was at $4 a bag if you pick it up just to let you know.

12. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

From the rumor mill, Riggs in Valpo is going to start carrying Blizzards now also. Don't know how anyone else feels about them, but it's not a good thing. And don't even think that you will get a hold of someone from there after hours.

13. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

It is too bad that Blizzard and other plow companies as well don't see the benefit of having someone that does snow and ice removal actually have a dealership as well. We know what it takes and the needs that the fellow plowers have. I feel that 24 hour service would be a must for anyone who carries snow plows and parts. We are all out all hours of the night and that is when things go wrong. I guess that is why a lot of us have back up trucks as well. I still have yet to hear anything back from Blizzard about my request for information on becoming a dealer. Oh well I guess.

14. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Now Wiz, we all know the Blizzard brand isn't going anywhere.

15. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

I am a Western Dealer. Wouldn't think of going after my own snow removal contracts. I am sure my clients would see that as a conflict of interest. I would loose more than I would gain! And yes I have a 24hr pager and respond to it!

16. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I am a Western Dealer. Wouldn't think of going after my own snow removal contracts. I am sure my clients would see that as a conflict of interest. I would loose more than I would gain! And yes I have a 24hr pager and respond to it!

I see your point but around here there is no dealer that is open after hours or has any type of on call system. The guy that used to have the Blizzard dealer was a snow removal contractor as well and it didn't seem to matter at all. He was available all the time and would quit what he was doing to go fix your plow. It was nice having that kind of service. None of the dealers here seem to care at all about helping the contractors out 24/7 when they actually need it.

17. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

i am a blizzard dealer and respond 24 hrs to all repairs might be able to fix and some not right away depends what happened and if you are a good paying customerpayup

18. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Beam.. Can you let me know how to get ahold of Blizzard?? I really want to talk to them about being a dealer.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We all need more dealers that are willing to be like you and on call.

19. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Holy ***** i didn't know that Stone sold out he was a great guy to deal with no offense to H20 and bridegroom but i would drive from dyer out there because of the fact that he always got it fixed and fixed right the first time and i never new about bridegroom until dealing with bill... hey bill do you think bridegroom would be able to replace the cutting edge 2 hoses and do a fluid change on monday? or would you?

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Hey man sorry been busy, and no offense taken. We did a lot of business with him too. Yeah, just drop it off there first thing in the morn........if you don't need it that is, looks like the snow is coming. I'll either make sure they can do it, or jump on it myself over there.