1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to Beaf up my 03 Duramax for Plowing?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by voltmeister, Jan 25, 2010.

1. voltmeister

voltmeister Junior Member

Could someone tell me what I need to do to beaf up the front end of my 03 Duramax 2500HD. All that I have done was crank my torsion bars all the way for ride height. It feels like it is tough on my front end. Any suggestions?ussmileyflag

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

timbrens and 800 lbs against the tailgate :nod:

3. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Timbrens are the way to go!!!

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

If you have a few bucks and want to do it right, buy just the upper cognito control arms and shocks that are 2" longer... Raise the torsion bars a few turns and throw some timbrens in it.... That way, all your geometry in the fronr end will line up correctly.. Make sure to get an alignment.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

How many crankes did you do? any more then 6 is a little excessive....

IMO the best way is to get those new ride rite air over shocks that firestone or one of those guys makes and leave everything the way it was... blow the shocks up when you have the plow on and dump them out where you dont...

$500 for a pair isnt too bad if you consider the cost of what these other guys are saying....

Timbrens are NOT the way to go IMO

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Timbrens don't put the stress in that shock mount that isn't designed to hold any weight. I don't use anything. Have the bars set to where my plow frame and Z height is in spec and keep ballast in the back when I can. I have an 810 blizzard and it's rare that the power hitch hits even with just my empty v box in the back.

7. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

tie rod sleeves, cognito braces, bilstien shocks, crank the t bars and 2" blocks in the rear with plenty of ballast in the back