1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to apply?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by WOODY367, Oct 31, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

How is the best way to apply FF when bought in bulk? I would think you need a lot of spray cans to do a full size pickup. Also where is the cheapest place to get the stuff? The price varies alot for place to place.

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I would use an undercoating gun or a paint sprayer, like a Wagner. As far as cheapest place to buy, any suggestions from the members?

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Thanks Dano, how many cabs do you think is needed just to do the underside of a pickup? Never used the stuff before and just got a used truck but clean no rust and would like to keep it that way as long as possible.

4. Dano50

from CA

Two cans tops, I would say.

5. application and cost

Plowsite got my attention and we found that there is a local
    John Deere dealer that carries FF and another product that has
    my interest 'Slip Plate'.

I am also wondering how to apply and WHERE ??
    read that a pump sprayer is not recommended and the larger nozzle
    sounds wise. Considered the Wagner idea and glad to hear that it is
    an option.

I bought a gallon for $27 and a spray can for $8.
    Plan on sharing the gallon with friends that have blowers. Brush application seems
    tough so that is why I thought that the Wagner sprayer would be easy.

Can I leave it in the Wagner sprayer for later reapply ??

How often do you recommend applying the FF ??

My plan is use this to rust proof the tailgate inner and doors of my new
    used 12 yearold Bronco (plowtruck) as these are famous for rust.
    So I will take the gate and doors apart to coat heavy
    But-- how often do I need to go back ( ? every Fall)

And where do plowers apply to their plows (all over??)

thanks
    tc

6. Dano50

from CA

I'll let the Plow Guys tell you the best places to apply and how long they find it lasts for your applications, although I know it works well on plow blades, electrical connections, spreaders, snow blower chutes and locks.

You could leave the NAS in the sprayer. It won't be a problem.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I just finished applying around 4 gallons of it and I used a rust proofing gun. You can interchange ends to get into different spots. The most important time to spray is before the season starts. I drill holes in my doors and door jams, take my tail lights out and spray FF inside. You can get your tailgate threw the handle. When the winter is over I reapply. 1 gallon will do about 5 pickups.

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I just brushed it on the plow. Going to get a gun. JDDave what did you pay for a gallon?

anywhere to order online?

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I got mine in Buffalo. It worked out to be around $25/g. I brought 20 gallon home, so it should last a while. TSC sells the gallon for $62.99. This is the first time I've sprayed FF, we've used Rust Check or Krown in the past. We soaked everthing we use in the winter with it, so we'll see how it lasts.

10. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I just bought a Gallon & tried it on a Heavy Duty Wrecker frame I just Air Nibbled all the RUST OFF I painted it by BRUSH over Por-15 which I also Painted On by BRUSH--I Dono? any Results? as that will be Later next Spring?--but--it Looks Good also putting It On every where? I see that I think? needs it?--hindges--doors & toll Box Locks--I*M considering? doing the Cables as soon as I Run E*M Out & Re-Wind E*M--& giving ALL the under neath a Good Bath of IT--Springs--& anything Else? that looks like it Might?? need It?--My TEST--OH! I gotta Go get some MORE!--as I only have a Littel Left & WEll Its a BIG Wrecker!--& I still have My Plow to DO!--it was a lot of WORK--but--I*M Satisfyed so FAR--OleTower--

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: xysport xysport :waving:

We use a Wagner power painter

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think Dano should send you a hat for buying that much.No wonder those chicken wings went down so fast!You must of sprayed FF down your throat!(of course not recommended ):D

13. Dano50

from CA

Oh man, maybe we should put you on the payroll. :D

While we certainly do appreciate the purchase payup , the hats have been reserved for video postings. If I start deviating from that arrangement, I'll be shipping hats out to everyone. :help:

Post a video! You've got enough product, that's for sure.

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How about a video of him handing all the money over for FF?:D

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Haaaahaaaaaahaaahahahahhaaa. I have to get a video camera. I also bought 12 cases of cans. It's not safe to walk on our floor in the shop, I might have to put salt down!

16. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

After watching Grandview's video I decided to throw down for some FF today :D I want to spray my plows down but before I do that do I need to bring them into the shop to warm up or are they good to go even though they're sitting in 30 degree temps?

:drinkup:

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's better if they are not damp or extremely cold. We tried to spray a tractor that was sitting outside overnight and I wasn't very happy with the results. You want the blade dry and above 32 degrees. FF also seems to spray better when warmer.

18. Dano50

from CA

Which one? We want to test a few different ones out so we know the best to recommend.

Thanks!

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We've ran FF through our airless sprayer, shutz gun and this blue gun at the bottom of the link. Hand down this is the best sprayer for FF you can buy. We made different lenght wands out of brake lines for inside body panels and such. We sprayed our tractor trailers, pickups and all our snow equipment with this without one problem. Buy this gun and you won't be dissappointed. FF has to be sprayed with a pressure feed gun unless you want to thin it.

http://oemproamtools.com/undercoat.htm

20. Dano50

from CA

Great information! Thanks for sharing.