1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to adjust transmission linkage on 84 c15 auto

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MaxPower1971, Mar 4, 2010.

1. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

Like the title says....

How do I adjust the linkage on a automatic c15 truck. Reverse is in park right now and no park from column shifter.

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Crawl under the cab (driver side) and you will see the shifter rod that is connected to the steering shaft hanging down to the frame threw a bracket that connects another rod that goes to the tranny to shift it.

Right where the two shifting rods are connected, you will see a small bolt, loosen it a bit so you can move the shifter rod up and down, once you have it where you want it, tighten the bolt up and your done.
  3. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

cool...thanx a lot!! I'll do that tomorrow. I'm guessing I need someone to hold the shifter in the right position while I do this??
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I never did. You don't need the truck running to do this.
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

With that bolt loose, put the shifter in the middle of park, crawl under again and turn the bellcrank on the tranny so it is in park as well. Center up the linkage and retighten. Crawl out and try it all, right down to low 1. Should be very close, may have to play with it a little to get it 100% and take up all the wear...