1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to Adjust Chain on a air-flo sander???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Maleko, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Just installed my new air-flo, 6.5' with a 10.5hp Briggs

The chain is either to long or to short.? is there a trick to adjusting this?
    The chain was like 3 links to big, so i made it shorter, Now its either to loose or to tight

The instructions say leave 5/16" play in the chain, but i think i have about 1/2"

Whaddah ya think???

Thanks in advance

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

look at the front of the spreader at the bottom channel where the conveyor chain goes around the sprockets, on either side there should be sliding bearings, ussually an adjustment there, a bolt or some threaded rod to affect the adjustment.

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

The 1st question is.. What chain are you talking about ? It should have 2 #40 bicycle type chains and the conveyor...

After I know what chain, I can answer your question..

4. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

To adjust engine chain - loosen engine and slide in the appropriate direction.

Spinner chain - the bearings on spinner have two bolts each loosen slide to tighten.

For the floor chain - on the front of salter there is a roller with bearings just behind will be a bolt with a stop nut loosen nut on both sides, adjust evenly not to tight. few inches play underneath is OK. Happy adjusting:drinkup: