1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to acuire my customer's neighbors?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by hansenslawncare, Jul 15, 2013.

1. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

We use door hangers almost exclusively for printed material. Our routes are fairly dense, but like a lot less stops.

How have some of you acquired your customer's neighbors business?
    Edit/Delete Message

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Most neighbors talk to each other. Offer a referral discount to your current customers for each neighbor they get to sign a contract with you.

3. hansenslawncare

I haven't tried the referral discount...how has that worked for you?

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

It works decent. Depends on the neighborhood. We don't do much single residential any more, but I know quite a few guys on here use this method.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

great service, fair price, discount for many in a row!

I do only commerical but the local guy who does my block has just about everyone on the block!!!!

The other half wants to sign up with him!!!! Shes tired of being the last for snow and grass.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Signs, get some made up for plowing and ask to put them up for a little bit.

7. hansenslawncare

Just looked at the video on your home page...wow! you have a lot of skids...plus many other snow toys.

What are you doing with all those skids?