1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to; 15 inch 8 bolt hole wheels on 77 G.M.C. 3/4 t.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by welded wrenches, Nov 8, 2009.

1. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

how do ya fit 15 inch 8 bolt hole wheel on a 77 gmc 3/4 ton truck..hmmmm..
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who cares? There are not many, if any, tires for those rims that can support the weight of the truck when fully (over)loaded.
  3. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

it depends on what you are doing with the truck. used tires used to be alot cheaper for 15" wheels, but not so much anymore. it is getting harder and harder to find a higher weight rated tire in 15", but then again, I never needed that rating on my old chevys, lol.

anyway, the rears should fit just fine. The front is a bit more complicated, but they can work, we use em all the itme on our off road trucks. If i remember right theres a hump on your caliper that needs to be ground down to fit. its a pain in the rear, but doesnt remove enough material to damage anything.

wait, a 77 3/4 ton should have a 14 bolt rear and a10 bolt or dana 44 front. they should slide right on with no clearance issues. the dana 60 is where you start having clearance issues and have to grind the caliper
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009