1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How thick of a coating needs to be applied?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by ny65, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ny65

ny65 Member

I mean do you spray it on till it is running down? Or do you spray it on and wipe it to an even coat? I can understand a thick coat for undercoating, but what about painted surfaces like my plow? Can you spray it on and wipe like a polish? Would that be sufficient for protection? I have been just spraying the heck out of everything, but I was wondering if I am wasting a lot of FF for no good reason.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

just a light coat and re apply when needed ,FF don't run ,WD40 does!

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Watch this professional video application demonstration very carefully, as this former Maaco paint applicator demonstrates the proper procedure of applying the product in one single & smooth, even application.

Just remember, this is a professional at work in this video & you may require additional training or practice in order to gain a similar result, so results may vary :

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LJzWz3PYHQ

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  4. ny65

ny65 Member

WOW! That has got to be the FluidFilm sponsored application. :) Doing it his way i would have to buy it by the drum. :) I think spraying and wiping like a liquid wax should do a good job on the plow.

5. grandview

Quit beating around the bush,your going to buy a drum of FF anyways !

6. ny65

ny65 Member

I am thinking of ways to justify it to the wife. :)

7. grandview

Tell her if you buy a drum ,Dano will send her a pix of himself to put above her bed.:laughing:

8. ny65

ny65 Member

Then I would never get any sleep. She would keep me up alllll night long. :)