1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How thick do I spray it on?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by bigearl, Nov 12, 2007.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I went to the John Deere dealer to day and bought some FF, I have a couple of questions?

1- How thick do I apply? ( 8ft plow & tailgate spreader)

2- When over the winter will I have to reapply?

Thanks

Big Earl

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I like to just leave a film on it, too much won't hurt anything. It seems to take quite abit to make it run.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

When i do mine i lightly spray the plow and rub it around with a cloth, it coats it real nice. The front of the blade might have to be re-applied every storm or 2 depending on whatever. Moving parts stay coated for a pretty long time.

Hopefully grandview doesnt respond to this post. He'd dip his plow in a bathtub full if he could.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So you rub it around with a cloth. LOL sorry I couldn't resist.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What was that? I think I have some FF in my ear! (that's ear!):D

hot tub.jpg

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's why 06 uses a cloth.

7. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I think everybody should buy it by the tote. You'd save a lot of money and ALL your equipment would be protected. payup

8. shanta74

shanta74 Member

did u go to the jd dealer in caz? i have been looking around but havent tried there yet

9. KarlG

KarlG Junior Member

The JD Dealer in Caz, Cazenovia Equipment does carry it but are occasionally out of stock. Give a call first. I read on the tractor boards that some TSC stores stock it as well.

10. shanta74

shanta74 Member

thanks i will have to stop in there and get some i need to coat my plow so it doent rust any more than it already is and the underbody of my monte carlo.