1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How they build an ASV?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by icudoucme, Nov 13, 2009.

1. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

ya, tell me about it. they're nice and i've operated them but i just dont find the cost worth it.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There a great piece of equipment, very versatile. I was looking around last year to buy one used until I saw how much they were going for. Crazy money for what they are.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Track replacement cost a fourtune!

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Thats half of it for me, I can't get over that cost. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on new rubber, it better be a good sized front end loader.

6. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

You can buy 6 or 7 new sets of tires for the cost of one set of cat tracks! I have many hours in my friends cat 277, its an awesome machine, but too rich for my blood. My kubota grand l doe's everything i need it to, without putting me in the poor house.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  7. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I always thought compact track loaders where worth there weight. I just didn't realized how quick they could make them. And how simple they really are. You think they could charge less but what do I know i plow driveways and make pizza...