1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How.....the....fudge..... (i didnt really say fudge)....

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by trqjnky, Jan 12, 2011.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

HOLY CRAP... MY GUY BRINGS BACK MY TRUCK YESTERDAY, AND THE REAR BLADE IS BOUNCING... WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT HE DID, BUT THE DOWN BAR WAS BROKE!! NOT BENT, NOT CRACKED, BUT BROKE IN HALF!!!

The frame has 2 bars that go down to the plow, and he broke one clean in two. he says the usual "I DUNNO", i reply with , i do know, your fired.

i dont know how he broke it, and didnt bend it, but he did.

:realmad::realmad::realmad::gunsfiring:

2. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Damn! I always thought the hitch would break first before the plow arms. I tried drilling into one of the arms to mount something. Didn't get very far. Those are built pretty solid.

3. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Not unusual, although mostly get bent not completely broken . not enough clearance height going in and out of ramped areas that are kind of steep. I had one for awhile and that is why i no longer have it . Just does not ride high enough for a lot of entrance ramps.

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

mines just fine clearance wise, and i have the bypass valve on it, and it releases pressure and allows the plwo to go up if you are on an incline. the guy had the plow down, and backed into something HARD... It was user stupidity, nothing wrong with the plow manufacturing. i love my back plow.

got it fixed today, welded the crack, added some steel to brace it.

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

NOW I remember why I don't let anyone drive my truck!

6. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

He must have hit something really hard !!

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

do you run both blades down same time