1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How should I feel about this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wilnip, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Here's a text I received from a restaurant we've been doing for the last few years.It's a national chain who's district manager compairs the snow removal prices to his other stores in his area.
    "Bill we will not be able to use you this year. Your service was great but we have to go cheaper. Thanks for everything."
    Not sure how I should feel about this. Part of me wants the cheaper guy to fail severely and the mgr to see he gets what he pays for.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just remember you get what you pay. Good service isn't cheap and cheap service isn't cheap.
  3. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Respond with thank you for the opportunity don't hesitate to contact us in the future.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This, Then have a friend fall in the parking lot.
  5. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

I've had this happen..... Then got called half way through winter to take it back,,, I told them that they would have to finish the winter with this guy and to call me next winter... They did and I have had them every year since prsport
  6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

It happens it's not personal
    Always leave on a positive note no reason not to
  7. mikeyd915

mikeyd915 Junior Member

You mean cheap service isn't good
  8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yep. Eyes not working that early. Thanks
  9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

It happens, with any luck the new guy won't do a good job and you will get it back.
  10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thanks guys. I just needed to vent. I know it happens all the time to everybody. But it was a good account and I was proud of the job my guys and myself did there. Guess I will just have to lowball somebody else and steal their account to make up for it. Lol
  11. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I would raise my other accounts to cover the difference
  12. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I know of a good sized local competitor that M Fs his customer to their face when he loses a contract. He will never get those jobs back, 2 good size accounts and one smaller.
  13. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

this has happened to us more times than i can remember because it has been happening to my dad since before i was born. One fast food chain restaurant we have been doing for i wanna say between 10 and 15 years, has dropped us for one of their properties every year because somebody cheaper can do it better than us. currently we have them all lol. One time they made him so mad that somewhere through the winter, they called him in the middle of a storm because their "better" guy didnt show up and he made them sign a contract right then and for the same price of what he would have made the whole winter. every time they do this now he raises their prices by 10%.
  14. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Cheap service isn't cheap from the standpoint of if someone slips and falls and gets the attorney involved
  15. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

16. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Oh man, I never thought I'd see the Feeling Wheel on this site. Did we have the same therapist?
  17. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Lol. It's actually magnetted to my fridge
  18. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That made me laugh out loud...
  19. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

This is a pretty common thing, the other scenario new property mgr's get hired and have a friend from the last place they worked. You do a great job and get dumped for plow boy x it always sucks.
  20. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I can't understand why this guy text you that news. Whats up with people doing business like that. Anyways to you, I allways say atleast you didn't lose the account for bad service, they took it from you because of wanting it done cheaper. That right there says you be okay, you find a replacement soon enough.