1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How should I beef up/lift a JK front end?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Jeff-HD, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Jeff-HD

Jeff-HD Junior Member

I am going to mount a snowdogg plow on my 2009 4 door jeep jk. Should I beef up or put a lift on the front end? What is the best way? Thanks
  2. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I'm no expert but I purchased a 2011 Jeep in January, Had a 6'8" Meyers mounted and noticed that the plow didn't sit level so to get it level I had the front raised 2 1/2 inches and the rear 1" Made a big difference in the way it plowed. Gave me a little more ground clearance too.
  3. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Do you have the Safara/Rubicon or the Sport/X model. The Sport model has a softer suspesion and will require some work. The other two models have a heavier suspension and would only need Timbrens. Jeep recommends air bags suspension assists for all the JK models. Local Jeep dealer just puts a 2 inch lift on the front and adjusts the suspension slightly.