1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How plowsite made me $270...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy11, Mar 17, 2007.

1. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

After a nice nap I awoke to read plowsite. I read posts about how much to charge for this storm. I then decided to add another $10 to each invoice for PITA factor. So, 27 houses times $10 = $270 more for me. Hoooray.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

27 PITA customers? Had they agreed to this or is this something you just decided? After reading this and your other post about passing up potential customers, I really think you need to find another line of winter work.

3. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

No no no. the PITA referred to the type of snow- it was all ice. I have enough awesome customers that I don't want or need anymore customers is all (too many really, I don't want employees, I like being solo, including landscaping) My contract gives price ranges for 1-4", 5-8", etc, but also says I can increase price due to type of precip (2" snow vs. 2" ice) and add salt charges at my discretion. I always try to be as fair as possible as most are also long term landcaping clients, so I want to keep everyone, including me happy. I'll just chalk your comments up to a misunderstanding.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Please do. I thought you were hating your customers and this line of work. Yes, If your customers agree to the extra for the type of snow you had, good for you.

5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Ok good. You have always seemed like a smart man to me from what I've read.