1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How open is salt spreader gate?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doug406, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Doug406

Doug406 Member

I have my gate open about 2" on my v box, this lets me travel about 20 miles an hour for general rock salt. Is this in line with your salter anyone?

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not too sure how this will compare to your V-box, but I have my Pro Flo 2 on the 3rd screw up. I think the opening is about 2-3inches coming off the belt. Seems to be perfect.

-Tim

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

On my gas powered v box the gate is open 1"
    On the smith about 2" because the apron chain runs slower. Actually leaving right now, to presalt in case of flash freeze due to cold road temps and rain/sleet coming in one hour.
    Dino

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Our gas drive Vee box REALLY puts out material. I have found (only one use so far) that I have the gate shut as far as possible, maybe a 1" gap, and I am running just above idle unless it's a wide open lot where I can sling the material quite a ways without salting the lawn.