1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How old is this plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brickslayer, Nov 13, 2008.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Could this plow be from 2002? It is a 8'6" western. What would it be worth with the complete setup for my Dodge 2500? I don't know anything about plows really but it just looks way older then a 2002 model. Thanks for any help!

western%20plow%20ft.jpg

Western%20plow%20rear.jpg

2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Unless your Dodge has central hydros I would keep on looking.

3. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

ok, I must confess this is not the actual plow I am looking at buying but I t seemed to look the same cause of the size and the light assembly. He sent me pics from a camera phone so I can't tell the difference. What do you mean by central hydros? Is this plow pictured above missing something or is that what I should assume I am buying? I can't believe he would have anything rigged like that on a 2002 dodge diesel it came off of. (then again it was a take off cause the guy had a interior fire!) Thats unheard of!

4. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

what he means is that the pump goes under the hood on that plow. a plow for your truck would have the pump on the plow itself right inside the big square between and just below the lights. Its big and red.

Kinda like this.....
    [​IMG]

5. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Well, I just looked closer at the pic he texted me and the pump is attached to the plow. How old is the plow you posted above? I guess It could be as new a that one. It does have the same lights at least. Just more surface rust.

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Dunno I pulled that one off ebay for an example. It is hard to tell the age of it by just looking at it. Plows tend to range in how they look no matter the year, just depends on use and care.