1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How old is my plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by racinjason424, Feb 21, 2009.

1. racinjason424

racinjason424 Junior Member

Trying to date my BOSS 8-2 V plow that I purchased used.. It has the RT3 mount and the Smarthitch 2, but it's not the newest style where the pins are in the box and you flip the lever over... My pins are exposed and you give them a slight turn and they rest against the spring loaded arms.. Also, mine has the older sealed beam lights... What year did the Smarthich 2 come out, and when did they switch to the new pin style and headlights? Thanks...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yours would be considered a Smart Hitch 1..not a 2. That places it's approx model year in the '99-'02 range.

3. racinjason424

Even though mine has one lifting cylinder and the momentary switch to hydraulically raise the tower from outside the truck? I thought that I read those were two ways to tell you had a SH2??

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you power the light tower up with the switch on it..or by first flipping the switch and then powering it up with the in cab controller?

5. racinjason424

I power the light tower up with the switch on the d/s of the tower - from outside the truck..

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it's SH2...not many of those out there that used the twist in attachment pins..most of those are SH1 but I know a few got through.

7. racinjason424

Interesting.... Thanks.. Any idea what year it might be then?? 02'-???

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Very likey yes. Old style lights helps that determination too.