1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How often do you see 2 D8L's on the same snow dump

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by john1066, Jan 13, 2011.

1. john1066

john1066 Member
    from mass

See if anyone can figure out where this is at My brother is in the One with the Ripper my cousin is in the other one. and we have one other D8 out working for a town. My dad says its the first time ever he has had 3 Dozers out working on snow at the same time.

2. john1066

john1066 Member
    from mass

more pics for your viewing pleasure

3. windsory

windsory Junior Member

gillete stadium
  4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

dam thats crazy
  5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think I've ever seen a dozer any bigger than a D6 in a snow dump.

But hey if it works, ya might as well.
  6. john1066

john1066 Member
    from mass

I have a video as well but don't know how to upload them. Time is short on this job there is a big playoff game here Sunday so with minimal time to work we use what we have.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  7. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I would be in hog heaven in one of those D8's.. Thats Crazy !!wesport
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Are all three of your D8's the L series? I've never actually seen a D8L, the only L series Cat dozer I've seen in person was a D9L.
  9. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I have never seen a dozer used to push snow...we just don't get that kind of snow. if we got 8 inches they would just shut the state down, a foot, well that would be the end of the world... that kind of snow????
  10. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

That's quite an operation you guys have going there! Very cool equipment, that blower is pretty sweet.
  11. Ibuildmyown

Ibuildmyown Junior Member

Nice! Not sure if your the same company or not but do you have a kid named Mike C aka Mike Jones working for you?
  12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I would not want that snow plowing bill !!

That is sick!

I'm going with Gillete stadium / Patriot Place
  13. joeplow1

joeplow1 Junior Member

Ha We thought we were bad a$$ with 3 skid steers with pushers on the same job. if one of those d8s break down give us a call
  14. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Thats awesome. Typically when the road graders are out doing public roads you know your in the thickets. This time the road grader had a 6' tall V blade on the front of it. BA. It looked like a train coming down the road.
  15. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Very cool!
  16. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I'd like to see the parking lot surface after it's all melted. Those tracks HAVE to leave marks behind on the asphalt.
  17. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Wow, thats a lot of work there. Good luck and GO BEARS!!!
  18. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

That is what I was thinking.....

But I guess they (client) makes enuff money off one game to afford to resurface the lot...
  19. john1066

john1066 Member
    from mass

the ground is frozen so you don't do much damage at all just some scratch marks. with 500 acres of parking they aren't too worried about it just get it done
  20. john1066

john1066 Member
    from mass

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011