1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How often do you change the fluid on the VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by chitown sparky, Oct 23, 2011.

1. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I was wondering how often to change the fluid am getting ready to pull it out of hibernation it is only a year old and want to make it last a while thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have my Boss charged every year. I just drop them off at the dealer.

3. chitown sparky

thas what I was going to do they told me it would be 100 for the service and 330 to put a snow deflector on it might do the deflector myself and save a 100 have you ever done a snow deflector. If so how hard is it it doesn't look to hard to do thanks

4. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Deflector is not hard at all. Cut it to fit. The instructions tell you what size for your blade.
    Clamp it to the plow. Then drill your holes. Put your bolts in.
    The center piece is the only tricky part. Make sure you leave enough slack in to to pucker up when you go to scoop. I didn't and mine gets stuck between the wings.

5. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

They send you you a free tube of KY jelly? My new VXT will be here this week in the crate for me to install and the snow deflector was $100.00 add on! I will not advertise openly for a dealer, but you can cantact me privately for the info. MUD

6. chitown sparky

cant send you a message see if you can send me one thanks

7. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

There you go. Let me know how it work's out. I have no affiliation except being a satisfied customer. MUD

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wow,you have have a super secret Boss dealer that you don't want to tell us about?

9. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

I just don't want to hear some wine baby cry pot pitching a fit because "Joe" is advertising for this guy and not that guy. I have learned over the years that even with the "in" that I have, there are no big price breaks! MUD