1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Mar 17, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

How much are guys paying to have there plows sandblasted?Everyone who I've talked to says I'm to high in price.I also have to take in consideration if the plow has powder coat on it,its going to need more media to go through the powder coating to get it down to bare metal.
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Prices Ive gotten where 200 for painted 400 for powdercoated.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Add your materials cost, equipment depreciation, and overhead expenses. Combine that with your hourly rate, that's what you need to charge.
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Exactly, treat it just like the plowing business- figure out your expenses then go from there.
    The difficulty you may be having is that there are lots of business with idle sandblasters and employees... in other words, if you just bought the blaster you have to cover the purchase where as a company that already has one paid for doesn't have to factor that in. Media is relatively cheap, at least last time I had to buy any it was and it's recyclable if you are set up correctly.
    FWIW, last time I paid for having something blasted, about 15 yrs ago, I used a monument company in town (they cut grave stones and stone monuments - 99% of the business is media blasting). Cost $100 to completely blast a 6' york rake. Now that was 15 years ago, but it was also blasting the complete rake- lot more surfaces than a plow.