1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much you guys get for commercial

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Guzzo856, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 Member

how much would be a resonable price for a lot the size of a resturaunt, if i did the parking and walkways??
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You need to give way mor detail! And google earth is your friend!
  3. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

all you can get.
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Sq footage or yardage, are you salting? What size plow you have? Do you have to get walks?
  5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Here's how I would quote it: Figure out how long you think it will take you to shovel the sidewalks and multiply that by your hourly rate (include a little extra for a fudge factor). Next figure out how long will take to plow the lot, multiply this by your hourly rate and add a fudge factor. Add these two together (or itemize them, whichever you prefer).

We cannot give you any more specific information that this without seeing the property itself.
  6. pheasantfarmer

pheasantfarmer Member
    from MN

haha yeah but as a newbie myself wanting to bid small commercial lots next year, it is pretty intimidating expecially when you haven't done it before and really want to win the contract/bid.

So it is always nice to have the opinion or advice of the experts like yourselfs on this site, at least that is my opinion, but yes a lot of questions could be answered by using the search function.
  7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

id say 200:waving:
    dollars that is...
  8. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Not to hijack, but what would you guys charge for 42000 sq feet? Just pushing no shovel or salt at a 2-4 trigger. I know whatt i am chargeing i am just wonder how off i am.cause a buddy told me what he was charging for a area about 30000-35000 sq and it is more than me. It is hard for me to believe him cus i feel i am high. It is also hard for me to do buy the hour cause i made wings for my tractor bucket making it 7 foot wide and run it wide open like a mad man so i can't compare to otheirs with compact tractor.
  9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Well, is it all flat. Where do you have to put the snow? How effcient are you with your equipment. How efficient is your equipment? No one can give you a accurate price because they don't know your costs.
  10. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Average truck with 7.5' blade should take about an hour. x your hourly rate.
  11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Oh, the size of a restaurant? I would figure driving time. Then, get the amount required to cover the percentage of my costs of shop, utilities, office and administration costs, wear and tear on vehicle and equipment (depreciation is included in this), labor, insurance and vehicle administration costs, and maintenance material costs. Then add a 31% profit margin onto that. That gives the cost.
    In other words, this is an unanswerable question.

Now for a lot that is 42,000 sq. ft. (approx. 1 acre), I would figure all of the above, and this would probably put me in around 90 bucks or so. That wouldn't be based on a 2" trigger, tough. The only way I go is 0 tolerance.
  12. Brad Ent

Brad Ent Junior Member
    from CT

Commercial .... radio or TV??
  13. cutbetterthanyo

It is all flat. I can put the snow anywhere i want as long as it is off the pavement.I feel i am pretty efficent. I litterally run it wide open in high gear. My cost are pretty low cus i already have them covered through my lawn care.In otheir words i already have my bills paid till next spring. This is just extra but i also don't want to sell myself short, cus i hate the cold, and i have a 2 year old at home i would rather spend time with,rather than being goin for a week straight pushing snow.My only real cost are salt, fuel,deprecation,and wearing out my bucket for the third time this winter.
  14. cutbetterthanyo

You say 90 bucks and jrm said a hour with a 7.5 so you guys charge 90 a hour. Seems low, a local guy told me bobcat,compact tractor, or truck no less than 150 a hour Is he full of it or am i missing something
  15. Runner

Runner Senior Member

No, that sounds about right - if you can get it. I can say that an open 42,000 sq. ft. lot sure better not take me an hour to do, though with under 4" of snow. This should be about a half hour, tops.
  16. maxximus98

maxximus98 Member

How long is a piece of string??
  17. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

18. go plow

go plow Senior Member

as much as a six pack costs in you area!! :mechanic:
  19. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Most pieces of string are 44 inches. C'mon, you didn't know that? :D
  20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So that's what I've been doing wrong. I was trying to be all hip and progressive and stuff. I switched to the metric system. All my strings are one meter long.