1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much would you charge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Steve G., Jan 21, 2009.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Hey guys,

I am wondering what you guys would charge to clear the snow from this piece of property?
    Right now we clear the snow with 2 snow blowers, I'm just calculating what a landscaper would charge to clear the snow from here so it gives me an idea of where we are!

btw, it does include sidewalks and salting

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I think before I can answer that I need to know where do you want the snow piled???
  3. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Blue indicates where fences are

Yellow indicates where the snow would have to be piled

Green stripe through yellow indicates where snow would have to be blown or put over the fence by a loader

Red indicates what needs to be cleared
    I hope this clears things up a bit... sorry for not being clear at first.

Thanks again
  4. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

how long does it take with the blowers
  5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

is that a building in the middle or blacktop?
  6. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

It's a field... not ours though... we can still throw snow in there though:)
  7. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

It depends on which blowers are working at the time and how big the snowfall is:D
    If it's an inch like yesterday and we use the 9hp 28" craftsman it takes about 1-2 hours.

If it's a few inches and we have the ariens 13hp 36" (currently in the dealer for repair) and the craftsman it takes about the same amount of time as 1" with 1 blower.

If it's 6-8" it will take about half a day
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  8. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

This might help alittle
  9. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

10. Can that even be done with a snow blower? I mean what about when it becomes full of frozen slush from traffic in the parking lot?

I've never seen a parking lot done with a walk behind blower before.
  11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It looks like the back is a parking lot converted to a basketball court play area and is completely fenced in. That is why he is using blowers because no vehicle can get back there.

At least that is what it looks like to me but I'm old and senile and may not see correctly.
  12. JDiepstra

LOL I will be the first to admit that I, and everyone else, doesn't want to give you a price cause that looks like the biggest pain in the neck job I have ever seen!

I agree with the tractor blower idea, and would say $500 per time.

$480 anyone? Anyone? Going once, going twice.....
  13. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

I'd do it for 15 bucks......:yow!:
  14. JDiepstra

It's all yours newbie! :)
  15. cbriggs.pm

cbriggs.pm Junior Member

just throwing it out there, but maybe set up a contract 1-7 inches id go 300 to snow blow all of that..7 or over you have to double. or close, maybe $500..14inches go triple..
    who ever hired you needs to understand it may seem like alot of money, but they need to understand if it takes you half a day..(4-6 hours maybe?) he/shes not going to get it for nothing, plus thats a good amount of wear n tear on the machine. think to yourself how much money could i be making somewhere else this morning?

sure let them tell you Billy Bob will do it for half as much (they always do)
    you ask them will billy bob show up every storm? and will he do a satisfactory job?

sorry to ramble
    just thought i put in my two cents
  16. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Mr plow just called and is going to bid on a wal-mart. He has a 36 inch walk behind, and is pretty sure he can handle the whole lot, including side walks, and loading docks in a hour. I hear he going to charge them 75 dollars each storm, no matter how much snow there is. LOL
    Really if you don't have somoething constructive to say in a thread, keep quiet 15 dollars wouldn't even cover your gas hauling the snowblower to and from the job site.
  17. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

It's used as a parking lot on sundays and wednesdays... any other day cars wont travel through it. It's only used as a basketball court in the summer.
  18. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Gee, ya think ???:dizzy:
  19. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

So $300-500 for 1-7" is about what you guys would charge?
    Btw, I'm not bidding on this job or anything, I do it already with another guy but thats just because I want to... my dads the pastor of the church so I don't have much of a choice. We are thinking of getting an ATV with a plow because of the 2" of slush we get 50% of the time it snows... (the snow blowers don't throw it) I wanted to ask you guys how much you would charge so we could get an idea if we were ahead or not.
  20. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

your ahead by far I would charge alot