1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much would you charge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplower1, Feb 13, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I've been asked to do a one time plow on a driveway that hasn't been plowed all year.
    It's admit 4 cars long and 2 cars wide. I was thinking that I'd charge 85 to make it worth my time. Would you charge more or less

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Pass
    I'm sure it's frozen ice not intrested in damaging truck

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I would charge 200 and do it with my skidsteer payup

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

By the time I load my machine drive it unload it is still pass

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Pass,
    I rarely take on one timers.

When I do,
    It's just to open the road cut/apron to the drive,
    With a signed waver for the mailbox, and payment up front.

6. snowplower1

So how do you tell them you want to pass on it? People wouldn't understand that and just think we're not willing to do it so I don't wanna make the business look bad

7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Say you dont want to damage your equipment
    Or add up every snow storm this yearthat you would have billed them then tack on more money

8. snowplower1

Honestly I wanted to do it but I got sick this morning and would rather be in bed than make money today lol havent had a good night of sleep in weeks.

9. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

$525 and I'd use a track loader.

Paid before I load the machine.........

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You are in negotiation...if you don't want the job change the criteria. Turn it into what you want, and let the customer decide. It's not about what to charge and will I break my equipment, it's how do I convince them to become a recurring loyal client. If you know it's a 1 time deal he's using you, use him back to hone your sales skills on. If you can't sell him you've lost nothing if you can you did something right and can use that on the next caller.

11. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

If you cant say no and are worried about how it makes your business look, you won't be in business too long. Leave that driveway for someone else who will do it for 50 bucks.

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'm sorry we are not taking on any new business at this time. Thank you for calling us.

yes, we are booked for the season.
    thanks,

13. snowplower1

I explained we did not want to damage our equipment. She was very understanding. With how much snow there is here that would have been one heck of a time even my the 350 and dxt. It was doable but no where near worth it