1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much would you Charge?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SlamaNow, Sep 5, 2014.

1. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

Hey Guys,

Just curious here,

as the title says, how much would you charge for this lot seasonally? Plowing fixed cost + salt (number of pounds per application)

Sidewalk from the upper corner of the parking lot to the far side of the building.

This Lot is in southern Ontario in Canada.

Thanks in advance,

SLAMANOW

93 Grand Ave South.png

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

600.00 plus salt

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

The cold temps you get up there you should be using something better then salt If doing bags I say 2-3 bags

4. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

What would you use lets say between -10 and -20.

and -20 to -30 etc

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Magnesium chloride....

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

What trigger?
    How many events per year, and what is the average snowfall?
    Can I plow the walks with the truck, or would that be too redneck? Looks like there's room for most of the walk..and with the town / province road bank ending up right at the front door, shoveling or blowing will be a chore...
    A shot in the dark guess?
    $2600, all inclusive.

7. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

$3800. No reason to lower your market value.

8. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

http://www.currentresults.com/Weath...wfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php#b

I looked it up and according to the cities sidewalk map the city is responsible for plowing the sidewalks there.

So I guess all I have to do is plow the parking lot and clear the 8 feet between the city walk and the front door.
    2" trigger and only needs to be cleared for 11 am. They do now want clearing at night.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  9. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

I already have the contract, just wondering if I did good. This is my first year plowing.

I quoted them $1000 seasonal for clearing the lot and front walk. Contract is charge for salting by the pound. Salting to be done at my discretion.

How many pounds of de-icer do you think it will take me to do the lot?

Im pretty sure im overcharging the guy for salt at $2 a pound. He seemed to think it was a reasonable price.

10. Buswell Forest

from NH

Sweet gig! $1000 sounds right...but not sure of the exchange rate.
    If you know you are making money on the salt, and the client is ok with it, that's all that matters.
    What about the rear longer entrance walk?

11. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

I originally quoted him $1,250 and he said what if we drop the rear walk and I said $1,000 and he said sold. All of this plus tax of course.

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

At $2/lb. that's $4,000/ton. You better not try that pricing with someone that has a brain you're about 20 times normal pricing. I would be lucky to get $75/application and that would be my minimum. Not sure how pricing by the lb. works. You only using bagged salt? I would say if you put 2 88lb bags in there and do that 12 times in a month, hand him the bill and I bet he gives you your walking papers.

Do you have to come back and open that front walk back up after the town sidewalk guy goes by. There's no way he's putting the snow back on the road so you know it's going to the right.

13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Not Salt What SnowGuy said

BINGO

14. Buswell Forest

from NH

Yikes! When you put it like that.....