1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much would you bid this at Seasonal NW OH

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by wiseguyslawn, Nov 13, 2014.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Company is looking to sub this out to me. Just looking for some other opinions on what you would push this for the season. No salt but walks have to be done. Thanks for any input.

Side note: How are some you guys measuring square footage with satellite images like these. Thanks again

snow bid.jpg

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

3. wiseguyslawn

awesome site just found it.

lot is 160,000 sq ft. thanks

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Lets start by you telling us what you think it's worth.

5. Buswell Forest

from NH

Out of my depth on pricing. But looks like a good spot for two skids with 10' boxes and a truck with a V plow w/ wings.

6. wiseguyslawn

I plan to put a skid with 10' box and 2 trucks with 8'6 v plows on site

7. Buswell Forest

from NH

That should do the trick. Figure maybe 4, 4.5 hours without sidewalks?
    Get wings for the V plows if you don't have them.

8. wiseguyslawn

Management company company offered me I feel a low number, especially the winter they are calling for. Just looking for a ballpark number some of you guys would have to have to do it to see if I'm not out of line.

Yes I was thinking right around 3.5-4 hours

9. wiseguyslawn

Possibly a little less depending how quick we can get the walks done

10. Sawboy

I'd say $200/push.

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

Wild guess, $700 a push?

12. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

13. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

200.00 for a three and a half to four hour push??? Are you serious?

14. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

Looks like you average 33-34 inches of snow per year. With that much snow I would be at 10-13k for the season including walks. No salt. 1 machine and 1 truck will be plenty. How many plowable events do you have per season?

15. Sawboy

Dammit! $175

Not at all. But I'm tired of doing other peoples work. Let's see HIS number first, instead of just having people do the bid for him.

16. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Less than 4 acres and there are guesses of 7,8, 12 man hours to plow this? Amazing

17. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would be at 8 to 10 grand a year no salt. I would be in and out in less than 2 man hours per push with a 2 inch trigger. I would have a loader with 12 foot pusher and 1 truck with a 9.2 V plow.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  18. wiseguyslawn

we average 10-12 events per year typically. Last year was double that. The 7-8 man hours I was estimating was not a simple 2in. push. I was thinking the more 6-8 in. snowfall that we almost got every storm last year just to be covered.

I was in the 8-9k range.

Management company offered 5600

19. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

So we're talking 3.8 acres total. Keep this in mind for the next section...
    Average production rates for those pieces of equipment: Skid/10 foot box, 2 acres per hour, truck with v plow 1 acre per hour. So you should be done with that lot in like 45 minutes.
    And 2 skid steers with 10 foot boxes and a truck? Why would anyone need that much iron there? Maybe if he were somewhere that it snowed 4 inches an hour every time it started snowing.

For me, I'd put a truck in there with a v plow and wings, and bid it for 4 hours. I'd have a skid move through if needed for better stacking on a larger storm. There's no reason a truck can't handle this alone.

I don't know how some of you guys have any work, for what you've got to charge for the amount of equipment you want to use. We have a 12 acre property set up very similar to that and until we bought a loader last year had no problem with 2 skids and a truck no matter how it snowed. Now the loader does 80% and the truck does 20% Freed 2 skids up for other sites.

20. wiseguyslawn

Thanks for your input and you do make some good points. I think pushing the lot in 45 min. with walks is a bit shy but some guys are faster than others and more experienced.

Was just trying to get a feel on how close the pricing was from the management company.

Do you think 5600 is fair for season being pushed every 2" trigger.

Thanks again