1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to spend on a leveling kit

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hardwoodcd, Jan 12, 2011.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I want to put a leveling kit on my truck but the prices are all over the place. How much should I be spending? They seem to be from about $75 to $300. I'm a guy that believes you get what you pay for and I want a quality part. Gimme some input people.
    Thanks, Casey

2. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Holy cow, how did i get to this one before ProSeasons? seriously though, consider going with the supercoils replacement springs up front rather than a leveling spacer. i had the spacers on mine for 3 years and then went with the new springs after the stockers bagged out. What a difference! i went with the +2-1/2" springs, but mine is a 2nd gen 3/4 ton cummins truck.

if you are going to go with coil spacers, go steel, not poly. Poly spacersd have a history of splitting out after a year or 2 on plow trucks.

3. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Thanks for your input! Do you know how much I should be spending on the spacers? And what the new coils would be to compare?

4. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

kit

Hey Casey, Nice truck. Nice talking with you today.
    Ron

5. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Yeah it was nice. I looked at my phone when we hung up and we had talked for over an hour! Like a couple of girls!

6. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I have Rancho Spacers on one truck and Top Gunz on another. Happy with both. I would suggest getting new shocks as well.

7. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

just put leveling keys on mine with new shocks and timbrens

the shocks 440,
    timbrens 195,
    keys 69.

was charged 250 for the install of everything but i plow my mechanics lot. ;-)

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have "Husky" or "Super" spring in my truck too, as well as a 1.5" spacer (it sits about 1.5" too tall, so that's coming out), but the front end is much more stout than it was. Carries my 1000# PLUS plow very well, and actually sits about 2" from touching the Timbrens....

These things are beef.

9. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I have Daystar spacers and Rancho shocks on mine, had them for 6 years now. With the plow on the truck, it barely squatted. I have 0 complaints with either one. I bought them both from 4wheelcustoms.com, got a great deal also.

10. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Hey Guys, if I go with either spacers or bigger springs how do I know what size shocks to replace with since the truck sits higher now?

11. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

When I ordered my spacers, I just told them to send me shocks that would work with a 2" lift. Pretty sure wherever you order from will be able to set you up.