1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to plow??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by caddy029, Jan 8, 2016.

1. caddy029

caddy029 Junior Member
    from Ky

My question is how much per push? 2-4? 5-7? Also how much to salt lot only? No steps their employees will do steps and walk way. Pretty new to plowing so this one has mu thinking? Also how much salt will this use?

bid 1.jpg

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

If ya can't price it, ya can't push it.

MsBrie2U likes this.
  3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

$628 a push - 2 inch Trigger.

4. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

Depends on equipment you have

5. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

I'd say 1800 to 2400 lbs of salt depending on temp. and amount of traffic. Lower side if your salting after plowing, higher side if your treating an ice event. For plowing, I'd be $560 per push @ 2" trigger

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Best. Reply. Ever. Accurate as all hell too! :salute:

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

What did you come up with yourself? And what equipment ya got?

8. caddy029

caddy029 Junior Member
    from Ky

I was thinking $550 plus salt, wasnt for sure how much salt I would need, I have chevy 2500 with 8ft boss plow and boss 1100 tailgate spreader.

9. AEI

AEI Member

Phuck.... The way our winters been I will drive down there and do it for 400.00 :drinkup: After fuel, Twinkies and Redbull I should clear 200.00

More then I have made here in weeks!!! Hell, I might just spend the other 200 on some Shine. Then call it a day!

10. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the average snowfall per year, and how many events? In a big storm, your truck ain't gonna make it. That's a big lot.

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

If thats his only lot hell be ok but if he has a route and you get 18" you will be in trouble