1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to pay Backhoe operator

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xc23, Oct 21, 2008.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

Finally got the ins thing taken care of Thanks For all the input . Got a contract for my backhoe to push sno 12' avalanche But need an idea on how much to pay an operator for running it . 1-1/2 hr to complete the job 1/2 Hr drive time to and from the site Thanks .

2. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

backhoe operator

I'm paying my operator $23 an hour, he's taking care of a large shopping center with the snow pusher, and he's plowing 3 other lots with my truck. I would say depends on experience, ask urself can i depend on him to do the job, cause plowing is not for everybody, hope that helps.

3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

generally between 30-40 an hour depending on experience.

4. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Well,I'm not sure on NY rates but what would you pay an operator normally? maybe pay him a basic overtime rate say time and a half and it should be fine.