1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 96f250, Feb 15, 2007.

1. 96f250

96f250 Member

Yesterday i got a new account in my town its 2 50yardx25yards lots and a 10yardx20yard lot in the back of the buliding. What would be a god price to charge him ??

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Figure out about how much time it will take and go from there. Around here the hourly rate is around $75.

3. 96f250

96f250 Member

It takes about 30 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the snow fall i charge the guy 150$ yesterday for 4 inches should i stay with that price

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If he didn't complain about the price and was happy with your work then leave the price alone. payup

5. abronko

abronko Junior Member
    from CT

I've got it down to where my hourly rate is $100 an hr. per truck. For my accounts I use two trucks with two guys in each truck. As long as i make $100 an hr per truck, I"m making a profit. I estimate the total time (travel, and actual plow time) it will take per account and i base my estimates off that. Sand & Salt application is a whole other charge since I pay $48.50 per ton of Sand Salt mix and thats not even delivered! We also put a truck with a sander on the town at $65 an hr.