1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much $$ to charge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MACDADDY0401, Jan 20, 2005.

1. MACDADDY0401

MACDADDY0401 Junior Member
    from indiana

hi guys, im kinda a greenhorn on plowing, ive plowed residential drives for the past couple years - but with the storms coming in this weekend, its looking like the folks that i just plowed tonight for 15.00 -20.00 a pop,,,,well they will probably need it again tomorrow night,,and again saturday...
    so i dont feel that i should hit them up with another 15-20 dollars again each time-any advice, or rule of thumb -
    thanks !!
  2. Ian

Ian Member

YES. Charge them for each visit. Also your price would be under what I would set. Don't sell yourself short. Truck, plow, fuel, time, maintenance, liability, insurance payment (I'll assume you have insurance that covers plowing). It all adds up.

I charge 35 for any driveway, long, short, wide or skinny. If I feel generous, maybe 25.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Why not? You're plowing twice - two different storms. If you go to a restaurant and eat two nights in a row, do you get charged less the second night? Or is the second night free?
  4. MACDADDY0401

MACDADDY0401 Junior Member
    from indiana

right on!! - thanks guys !!!!,looks like it still coming down outside- so i will hit them again tomorrow ,and then the "big" storm is suppose to hit friday nite and saturday with another 12" possible
  5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Great line Mick!