1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by redhenny16, Jan 11, 2005.

1. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I plow a private drive for a homeowners association. It's about 1/4 to 1/3 mile long two lane road with a turn around at the end. I charge $50 per push. Today I got a call from them wanting me to plow all the slush off of the road so that it doesn't freeze in a couple of days. I made a special trip home and put my plow on and went and cleared the road as requested, but it was only about 50% covered so I really only plowed about half of what I usually do. How much should I charge for this push? And is $50 per push a fair price? :help:
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I charge the same price for cleanups as I do for regular pushes.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

another push another 50.00
  4. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

You only did half as much but you also had to make a special trip. I know a lot of guys add to the bill whenever there is a "special request trip" called in by the property owners. $50 is a very fair price for them. Just my 2 cents.
  5. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

charge em!

Yes, you should definitely charge them full price. I typically don't charge "extra trip" fees, because I'm getting paid in full whether I'm pushing 6" or just slush. The time you save is your bonus....just charge normal price.

As far as price, that's a fair one....maybe even low. Not exactly where Stevensville is though, but for around here it could be boosted up about 20-30%. But, if you're getting paid full price for quick slush jobs, you're probably doing well.
  6. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I wouldn't charge extra for the extra trip, but that is just me. I leave my plow on all the time and am out almost every day plowing something so there is never really an "extra trip" for me. But definately charge full price for the work. When people argue with me about charging full price for half the work (which hardly ever happens) I just explain to them that the cost to me is sending a truck out there at all, regardless of what we actually do when we get there.
  7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Charge them the full amount. I also think you are getting good pay for that account. Easy to do in less than 30 minutes. So that works out to $100 per hour. :drinkup: