1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by yankeerose, Dec 7, 2010.

1. yankeerose

yankeerose Junior Member

I had a local lumber yard call today and ask me to spread salt and sand , in the yard alone no parking lot I have a western pro 2 I spread 800# of salt and then spread 800 # of sand which they supplied the sand Im just woundering what to charge. Icharge .75cents # on smaller lots . Ive never spread 1600# at one stop before and I have good relations with this lumber Co. They want me to do this ever time after a snow .I dont low ball by any means but,I want to be fair just not sure what to charge by the Hr. or by the # and cut them a break for using so much . If so how much per # Any body have any input. Thanks
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you saying you get .75 cents per pound of salt spread? If so I think I need to move to Indiana. That would be 1,500 dollars per ton. I need to get in on that action. The going rate should be somewhere close to 200.00 to 250.00 dollars per ton depending on the area that your in. I am pretty sure your not going to be anywhere close to the 700% mark-up you usually get.
  3. yankeerose

yankeerose Junior Member

we do alot of of small lots on an avg. of 150# to 300#s per app and it is 50# bags I have no way of buying in bulk when we sell salt (ice melt) we just sell the app. we sell liaibilty and I realize I cant get .75 cents lbs thats why im asking thanks