1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much to charge per storm

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Grounduptree, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Grounduptree

Grounduptree Junior Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What did Bob use last year?

3. Grounduptree

they were using a 744 john deere with a 20ft and a truck and ppl were not happy with the plowing

4. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

.........:popcorn:...........:help:

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'm not a fan of 4500 for parking lots. 1 loader two late frame skids is what id use

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

x2................

7. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I actually know where this is! Haha Not sure what to price it but have fun

8. Grounduptree

my shop is not even 30sec away from this lot. I think a loader and a dump truck should do the trick also will have another trucks in the area. The lot is pretty straight forward. Thinking around 18000 seasonal. What you guys think.

9. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

What is a WL50? A quick google search gave me a little tonka toy one would use to load bark mulch into trailers being pulled by subaru outbacks.
    IMO, a 12' pusher there will feel like it's the size of a snow shovel. I'd want more for fear I would be there for 6 hours on a 4" storm.

10. Buswell Forest

from NH

Also, unless you only get 6 plowable events a year, 18k is only the first of 4 equal payments I would say.
    Does 18k include salting and entrance shoveling?

11. Grounduptree

the wacker wl50 running a 12ft and a c4500 4x4 with a 10ft plow and yes the entrance and salt. also if your looking at the photo the building on the right with the parking in the back is not part of the bid.

12. A.K Landscaping

A.K Landscaping Junior Member

Does this bid include the what looks like a restaurant in the bottom left corner of the parking lot. If so the total amount of parking lot is 7+/- acres, which seems a too much for just that little compact loader and a truck, and $18,000 might not be enough. Whiffyspark is right. A loader and a skid steer would be right.

13. Grounduptree

Yes it is. I know a guy that use to do it couple years ago and he had backhoe with a 12ft and a truck and he said it was no problem.

14. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Put your 4500 somewhere else. They suck for parking lots

15. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

What is your experience with compact wheel loaders? I notice you are quick to recommend everyone use only Cat 980 size wheel loaders in place of something smaller, extremely nimble, and effective such as a WL50. We use several wheel loaders that you consider only valuable for loading scoops of mulch every storm, and they are extremely efficient.

16. Grounduptree

I love the compact wheel loaders like the wl50 is the same as running a 310john deere just way more efficient in my opinion. To me running a 744 with a 20ft pusher is to much for that lot. Thats why i like using the smaller ones where i can do everything with it and not just plow a lot. I also use a wl30 for sidewalks as well. I will be doing other lots and i will be having 2to 3 of the wl50s working with 12ft pushers.

17. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Yep.

No reason for full size loaders.

He thinks every site needs one.

18. Buswell Forest

from NH

I think a 644 Deere with a 16' pusher makes more sense on a 7 acre lot. Time is money.
    The WL50 along with the big machine, and the 4500 chevy would make short work of it.
    I understand cash and credit are hard to come by, but you can buy a 3-4 yard machine cheaper than you can a compact loader. There's simply more of them out there.
    Never did I say a 980 cat was needed.
    It's only an opinion.

19. Buswell Forest

from NH

FTR, I have plowed with machines from garden tractors all the way to spanky new 966Fseries II Caterpillars. Everything has it's place.

20. Buswell Forest

from NH

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014