1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge on this Drive?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by karrar0079, Dec 10, 2010.

1. karrar0079

karrar0079 Junior Member

I'm new at plow this year and am wondering want price to bid on this drive way.. ? The people are new to my church and said they thought the other quotes were high. any have a guess on what to charge? and i'm prolly going to tell them i'll do their walk for free

Attached Files:

2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

$265 up to 2"...and another $53 for each additional 2"

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Couple things here:

1st Look at the neighborhood... They are very well off, why would you shovel their walks for free?

2nd Everyone thats shopping for quotes says the other guys are high... its because we know our costs and have to charge accordingly.

3rd No I'm not giving you a price as it varies greatly by regions but don't do anything for free!...When your tranny goes, do you think the mechanic is going to replace it for free?

4. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

No but the homeowner will gladly pay for it because they feel bad LOL sorry I had to

5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Simple push on Grosse Ile...

Nothing less then $45-50 a push. Thats including walks. But I have other houses right around the corner.

6. karrar0079

karrar0079 Junior Member

i told them $35

7. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I figure that I want to make at least $2.00 per minute when I'm plowing residentials. Use that for a guideline.

8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Hard to tell how long that driveway is but from trying to scale it with house size,trees,etc. I would say 150-200' long.If that was my account here by me in NY,it would be at least $60 up to 6'',$90 for 6''+ and no sidewalks.

9. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I am sure they can find someone on craigslist who will do it for 10 bucks walkway and all