1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge for shovelers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JML, Nov 19, 2000.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

How much do you guys charge for shovelers? A lot of guys around here just plow and are looking to sub out shoveling and snow blowing work. How much do you get. Thanks for the input..

2. Smither

Smither Member

I plow in Central Illinois. I sub myself out to somebody with their own contracts. He pays me $45 an hour to plow, and $20 an hour to shovel. He has given up most of the shoveling work this year due to the time involved with the work (gotta get the lots clear). Hope this helps.
  3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

We charge around $30 and pay around $11,we use any where from 25 to 50 guy on a snow night.That price is only for a guy and shovel,blowers are more and tractors bring as much as pickups.Prices all are relevent to where you are and the employee base you have,we have a university that is a good place to get help.We hire alot through churches and youth groups and offer to give a dollar for every hour worked to the group, for trips and things they are planning.This is also good so that we don't get as many drunk collage student at 2 oclock on a saturday morn.
  4. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Now Digger, I've never been drunk while shoveling for you . . . except that one time I accidentally shoveled your Pastor's daughter . . . .oh never mind.
  5. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Nice, Dino thats a little rough delete this man.Storm you keep that up and the good Lord will make sure you don't get any snow.