1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge for service??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by UP_Mi_Snow, Dec 4, 2009.

1. UP_Mi_Snow

UP_Mi_Snow Junior Member

I am a student at Michigan Tech University and I have a 8ft western plow on my 2500hd Silverado. We get a lot of snow each year around 200-300 inches each season so it really piles up quickly. I am starting to plow my friend's driveways this year and I am unsure what to charge them for plowing. These are all college students that I will be plowing for and if I charge too high they wont have me plow. If the price is too high they will also not contact me frequently enough to remove the large amounts of snow then it is real hard on the truck to remove the hard packed snow. I am unsure on what price to charge to get them to call me frequently. If you guys could help that would be great. Thanks

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Rates vary ALOT by location and drive size.
    Just charge them beer money....lmao

3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

My cousin goes to MI tech Drives a Red Dodge diesel extended cab on 35" rides a cbr 600 in the summer and a flat black F7 in the winter any chance you know him names Corey

4. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

call a couple local companies and see what they're charging, or call some neightbors that have other plowing services

5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Since your in college...Don't you just plow for BEER!!!....:drinkup:..Im with redman,check with some local contractors for prices....

6. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

A 12 pack and a large with peperoni should cover it. You're a college student, what do you need money for other than that? :drinkup:

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

he has to pay for his pre-med tuition expenses and books :drinkup:

8. UP_Mi_Snow

UP_Mi_Snow Junior Member

I guess I will call around and see what some of the companies are charging. Beer money is also not such a bad idea since that is what the plowing money would most likely go to anyways!! Thanks guys.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  9. UP_Mi_Snow

UP_Mi_Snow Junior Member

I don't know him but I'm sure I have seen him around since there are not that many people up there.