1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much to bid for alleyways

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Fentonlawncare, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Fentonlawncare

Fentonlawncare Junior Member

A customer needs 2 different alleys plowed that are 3 blocks apart.

Both are roughly 400 yards long and 15 feet wide and both have a T off that is roughly 250 yards long and 10 feet wide.

How much should I charge for this?

Thanks in advance

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

What are you planning on plowing these with?

How much do you need to make with that machine per hour?

How long do you figure it will take you?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

long run ,do you have a dump off spot for the snow?

4. Fentonlawncare

Fentonlawncare Junior Member

I have a F-250 Super Duty with a 8'6" Western Pro Plow. There is no drop off area to put the snow, however from what I have read the snow is just pushed to the sides of the alley next to the garages and such.

It will probably take me 30 to 35 minutes to complete this. However, I am a newbie at this and am not sure how accurate my time estimate is. I have a lot of heavy equipment experience but am new to the plowing world.

5. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I hate plowing alleys, last time i did it, i got a piece of metal in my tire :realmad:
    so beware of the risks of getting a flat tire and include that in your cost.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The most important lesson from that video is to NOT let Elizabeth Hurley out of the truck