1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much time do you figure?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cmo18, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Hey guys, so far this year I have 14 residential clients and I have an opportunity to pick up another 8. The route would be 11 on one street,then 3, 4 & 2. All theses are less than a km away from each other and then my final 2 houses are about 10 km away. I have a span of 3 hrs to do all these houses would it be possible? First year plowing with a truck, some guys say 6 houses an hour but dont say how far apart they are? Just hoping I can take it on what do you think? Also I forgot to mention I have to shovel about 15 of the houses front door step!

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Take on the other 8 resis...

Sounds like you have a very tight route.

I would hire a guy to do the shoveling, and you stay in the truck and plow.

I can plow a 3 inches off a 3 car residential in less than 3 minutes...easy...and I'm sure you can too.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What size are these driveways. I had some larger estate driveways that were very close and I could do 34 in 4 hours with 4" snowfall. If you are bidding 50' 2 car wide drives then you could do 12/hour.

4. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Plowing time .......5 minutes or less per driveway

Dont know much bout shuvlin:cool:

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I bought the girlfriend a single stage mtd snowthrower;) for xmas however i need something to entice her to get out of bed now!

6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I bought the girlfriend a single stage mtd snowthrower for xmas ;) however i need something to entice her to get out of bed now! I'm hoping to get my first time out this Sunday and I believe im going to take on these 8 driveways as they are so close and Im already on the streets. Thks guys for setting me straight!
    Chris

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Honestly I think you will have a hard time getting it all done in 3 hours. Unless you take someone with you to shovel.

8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I got the contract!!! and I do not need to shovel the entrances...pure awesome greenesssss$$$$

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

3 hours is plenty of time to do the drives.