1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much time and Salt?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by theguynextdoor, Apr 28, 2009.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I'm bidding on year round maintenance for this building. I have already run my costs and numbers, but since this is the largest property I have bid on so far I just want to get some ideas. First of all, how long do you think it would take to plow this with 1 truck and with 2 trucks? I will be using a tailgate salter, how many 50lb bags of salt would this lot take? I am open to prices too, but I understand if you would rather keep those to yourself. Per/push and seasonal? I know this lot would be difficult with a pick-up if we let the snow accumulate past a few inches.

The areas to be plowed include the large lot in front, the driveways around the front of the bilding and the service entrance behind the building. Snow can be stacked anywhere around the lot basically.

And input would be appreciated. Thanks

holiday inn 2.jpg

2. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

If you give us a little more info it would help alot. How many parking spots, square ft? Is the lot going to be filled with cars when your plowing or empty? Where does the snow have to go? If you give more info, we should beable to help you out. Looking at the picture it to hard to figure out how large the lot is, my eyes are getting old.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is that on the West side or north side of the river? Looks like it might be a lot of drifting there. Not sure how mush snow falls on the Island.