1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much space on a dodge .....

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by D2 Cat, Oct 15, 2010.

1. D2 Cat

D2 Cat Junior Member

I've got an 8' straight blade I've just began setting up on a '95 chev. My previous old truck had a conventional Western setup. This is my first Hiniker plow so I'm not familiar with them.

I want to install a truck mount an on '01 Dodge 3/4 ton so I can use the blade on either truck. The Dodge has a Ranch Hand guard on the front.

My question: Can anyone give a measurement of how far the bracket the holds the lights is from the front bumper on a full size Dodge truck? I am trying to determine if the plow will clear the brush guard, or if I will have to make some modifications.

2. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I am not sure about hiniker, but a friend of min has a 01 dodge diesel with a ranch hand on it. he had a myer set up and now has a boss on it, and he had to extend both of them 10 inches to clear.

3. D2 Cat

D2 Cat Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. Any way you could send via PM his ph. number? I'd like to pick his brain before I start chopping!

If I put a plow on the Dodge I am not removing the brush guard. There are way too many deer around here to be without it.

4. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

Just let me check with him b4 I give out his number. I don't see it bein and issue. All he did was split the frame from the kickers and put plates in there with some reinforcements and went plowing.

5. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

It won't fit. You will have to extend the bottom part of the mount out a bit. My plow is up in MD right now so I can't give you a measurement but it is close enough that I can tell you quite confidently that it will not fit without some mods. Shouldn't be too difficult to do though.