1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much snowcan a skidsteer push?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kcress31, Nov 4, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Anyone have any videos of skidsteers pushing heavy snow? I am trying to convince my partner to buy a 85 hp bobcat A300 skid steer and he doesn't think it will plow snow.
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

go to some of the mfg websites, they have video, protech, degelman ect....my smallest machine is 42 HP and it uses a 9ft push/plow setup..no problems so far
  3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

yeah, we have been using two 56hp machines for years, great to plow with,
  4. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Oh yeh that machine will push and it will take a 10' pusher too
  5. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

I've looked at a bunch on YOU TUBE
  6. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Your list of your Snow Fleet, show some heavy weight equipment, is there some "hole" your trying to fill that going from a pickup/blade to a backhoe doesn't fill?
  7. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Pickups with blades good for small lots, larger lots you need real equipment.

Isuzu NPR - 810 Blizzard
    GMC W4 - 810 Blizzard
    GMC W5 - 810 Blizzard
    LX885 NH - 10' Pusher
    S185 Bobcat - 8' Pusher
    WA-70 Komatsu loader - 12' Pusher
    Isuzu FRR - Liquid salt rig
  8. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Just a back up plan in case one of the graders break down.:laughing::laughing:
  9. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

How much snow would a skid steer push,

If a skid steer could push snow?

Not as much as a tongue twister as How much wood would a wood chuck chuck.....
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

that machine would handle a 10fter EASY....I haven't pushed snow with one, but would imagine the 'all wheel steer' would give you better traction when turning with a load in front of it.
  11. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Skid Steer

After using a Cat 248B for several years now, It will handle a 9-10' Pusher fairly easily GOING STRAIGHT ahead. The problem comes when you try to turn pushing all that snow. As you know a skid steer turns by slowing or stopping one side or the other. Thats when you come to a stop real quick! Then if you try to go straight ahead again you end up spinning out or having to back-up and take a run at it. The skid steer really shines when you can plow in both directions. You can spin around and be plowing back down the lot in a second or two! Will out work a truck in the lot no problem. If all your accounts are close together a skid steer is great. Travelling time between lots is the problem.
  12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We are looking to do sidewalks and the small tight areas where skids shine. Also we are going to do some sweeping as well

Just ordered a new A 300 today and a Kage Innovations 10 ft pusher kage unit. I will post pics when it arrives. Thanks to everyone for the comments

13. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8 foot avalanche pusher for my S220. I'm not that impressed with it, of coarse I live in Buffalo. If your doing short pushes you should be ok. Anything over about150-200 feet I'd lose traction and come to a stop. Now it's a real pain to try to get the pile moved from the middle of the lot. I mostly use the pusher for clean ups. It works great for getting slush off after a meltdown (rubber edge). I ordered a 7 foot High flow blower at the end of last season. It will be replacing my pusher.
  14. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I was hoping somebody would post some pics of the Massive piles that get pushed around. There is a guy around me that uses a Cat skidsteer and a pusher, I have seen him pushing a pile that he could not even see over! Was cool just to watch him for a min.
  15. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

No vids, but I have a few pics from last winter......

16. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

AttaBoy! That's what I'm talkin about!
  17. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Keep them coming.
  18. Exmark Guy

Exmark Guy Junior Member

I live in cental Il and we usually get one storm a year that is over 8" but several that are onder that. I've got a TL 130 and im thinking about getting a 8' or 10' pusher for it. I would use it for a 5.5 acre lot so i would rather get the 10' but have never used that tracked skid steer for snow. Any thoughts/suggestions
  19. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i have a musteang 2074 and have a 1 yd snow bucket for it, works great for plowing and for hauling snow out, i use it at a commercial bakery that has 6 loading docks in different areas on the complex, just send the skid steer there ansd a salt truck in when he is done, does the lot faster that a pickup with a v-plow does it, i rented a bobcat a few years ago for a big snow job, it was alot less stable than my mustang was and banged me around more in the cab.
  20. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i want to see pics of this setup too! i looked at the kage system last week. What did you pay for it 6k?