1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

new englander's how much snow did you get from tuesdays storm
    about 10-12 in. in NW CT
  2. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

We got about 6-8 inches of snow in Waltham (just west of Boston).
  3. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

12 plus inches in abington!
  4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

9-14" here so far.. Just got done with round one, supposed to start snowing pretty hard again tonight
  5. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

got about 10" here. wet and heavy, but green just the same.
  6. trackdog90

trackdog90 Junior Member

Gloucester MA 12"
  7. jimmymac

jimmymac Junior Member

We got about 4 inches on the shoreline. It was that heavy wet snow.
  8. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

8 to 12 of that pasty, heavy, wet stuff that none of us like pushing.

But, always hopeful, I just charged more. payup
  9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

About a foot here. No complaints except for it being a little heavier then usual. This winter especially, it has been cold enough for all storms to be nice powder, not the case with this one. Its not as wet as it could be either, it did drift, its not sloppy looks more like powder then wet slop it just weighs alot more thouth. Everything went well, I started at 3am, minus a few short brakes for food, I have been out since 3am. Got in about 20 Min ago and its time to eat then go to sleep, I have had enough for today. Maybe a dusting to 3" to night with squalls coming through, so i plan on being out early tommrrow morning for clean up work and maybe to deal with additional accumlation.
  10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Got 12" here. It was all powder up here in Maine payup :drinkup: They still have the Winter Storm Watches up still, said we might get more tonight and tommorrow as well I hope they are right :D
  11. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Glad you got a foot, only got like 6" here in Canton
  12. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

about 8" of thicker powder here in Worcester,Mass...easy stuff to plow...but the green flows in payup
  13. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

We got 6-8 inches on Sunday and Monday, we got another 12 inches on Tuesday morning. Gotta love the snow!

POWERBAND Member

Snow Snow Snow

NY's Mid Hudson Valley area got @ 6 to 8 inches. Was windy though so really stacked up on leeward sides of buildings. Fairly heavy and wet which makes for slippery once packed down. Had to dig myself out after pushing piles back on uneven ground area once and beaching the truck on the plow frame. First time this season!.

Driving home from work after @ 3" fell , I saw three cars spinning round like bumper cars on the State highway. All smashed up but no-one hurt. Stupid driver and poor saps, not my turn thankfully. While out with my plow, found Town dump with huge sander backed up to plow corner and rear end fell off road edge. He spun the duals and ripped the chains off and shredded the tires. Totally stuck completely blocking County road.

Just a typical day in the neighborhood. Oh yeah the NOAA forecast says Snow showers and cold - Tomorrow, Thurs, Friday, Sat, Sun..... I guess I'll leave the plow on.

Powerband :cool:
  15. DJC

DJC Senior Member

We have 15" plus now but still snowing. Time for spring :)
  16. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

they forcasted 8-14
    lucky if we got 7"....... :gunsfiring:
  17. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

6-8 tonight and had about 4 last night. Getting sick of this snow. Normally i can start spring clean-ups in a week or so. looks like april now.
  18. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

got between 4"-5" last night this morning. still snowing now and untill morning. with another 3-5 expected got a bit over 2" now so maybe we will get 5" or more before it's over.
  19. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

They forecasted 4-6 here and we got mabe 2.5. Hardly enough to go out. Hopefully we get a couple of whoppers before the season is done. Need to green up my wallet before grass gets green. :jester:
  20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

6 inches in sw ct