1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much snow per year?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by copandplower, Dec 5, 2002.

1. copandplower

copandplower Member

Just curious, how much does you area average in accumilation per year and how many trips do you average?
    In Rochester I dont know our specific average but I think its over 120". Cant speak for the commercials but I know the residentials average 18 trips per season with 3" triggers.
    I know this doesnt mean much, I was just wondering what the numbers are like in yor areas?

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

80" average in the northern Champlain Valley.

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

We never really know in Staten Island.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

50 to 55 inches per year the last ten years.

5. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

Minneapolis We ususally get about 65" with an average of 13 plows. Most plows ever for me in a year was 23 that was 2 years ago. We go at 1 1/2". But I would say our average snowfall is 4-6" per storm

6. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I think we average 50-60" per year. And average 10-12 pushes.
    Last year only had 5.( 2 in one storm and then 3 small Storms)

Dan

7. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

lol, I believe the AVG. in Rochester is higher then here in Buffalo becasue you get more small storms. cant remember exactly what is is here as the Avg. changes every year. Last 2 years we got hammerd. Altho I still have a distant memory of only a few ft total one year. Wonder if the NWS updated their site since the last time I checked????...

8. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

30 yr average here is 75 inches, but with lake effect you really notice a difference moving just 5-10 miles in any direction.

Last year was high with 105 inches, this year we have 11.6 inches so faras of last night.

We base our 1 inch accounts at 20-22 pushes per season.

9. copandplower

copandplower Member

correction

Couldnt find the datta before I started the thread but I just discovered that our average in Rochester is 95".
    I guess the 120" was wishfull thinking LOL.

10. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

We get 140" (350 cm) on average per year (Moncton New Brunswick Canada)
    with about 20 sessions of plowing

11. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

We get about the same as Acorn maybe a bit more since we are a couple hours north.

12. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

13. long0

long0 Senior Member

We average 200" - 220" per season, with somewhere between 50 - 60 events. That is only for Sept thru March.

About 6 years ago, I had to hookup the plow on July 5th. :eek: :confused: 22" of wet heavy slop. It all melted away in a day or two. I am still undecided on liking snow in the summer.

Andy

14. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Here in Traverse City we get around 100". It varies quite a bit due to lake effect.

15. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Guess that I am low man so far, 18.5" per year, 4-5 plowable
    events.

Last year we had two. But we do get lots of freezing rain.

16. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

hi gang as far as i know buffalo yearly snowfall is approx 90 inches a year on average. but sometimes we might get it all in one week.

17. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Average is 98"

Hard to say on average number of times, 2000 was 30 times, 2001 was 15 times. 2002 once so far:D

18. myo

myo Senior Member

Snowfall

Here in Central Mass. we get an average of 70" and a couple of years ago we got 116" of the white stuff.