1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much snow, mix, ice are you getting today?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sir spaniourd, Dec 15, 2005.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I am interested in knowing how much you guys are getting tonight into tomorrow. Probably we are getting 1-3" of snow and 50 miles north they may get 10". I just hope for the best.
  2. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

Well we are suppossed to get 8in :rolleyes: But it will probably be more like 2-3in.
  3. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I measured just over 5 inches about an hour ago.
  4. NJBuickRacer

NJBuickRacer Member

It's raining pretty good here, with a layer of ice over everything. Roads are pretty slippery as well.
  5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

1/2" of ice and sleet with some really wet snow flakes mixed in.. Rained pretty hard for the last few hours.

Looks like they were wrong again.. Not even a new dusting of snow yet and we were in the 6-10"+... :realmad: :realmad:
  6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Was bone chillin cold all freakin week...now its above freezing RAINING!
  7. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Ahh freezing rain. I don't mind ice. I make a lot of money doing sanding. Everytime it snows, a sander truck needs to go out. Sanding/salting is where the real money comes in!! payup payup :drinkup:
  8. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

My accounts had about 5" of snow, and 1/4" -- 1/2" of frozen precip on top. Not bad to plow, but the blowing went slower than usual due to the crust. All in all another profitable morning. I'm done for the day.......
  9. JTW

JTW Senior Member

we got about 1/2" of frozen rain then a few inches of snow on top. The trees look really cool right now!
  10. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Overnight we got maybe a inch and now it is sleet. They had predicted 4-8 for my area but I dont see it coming
  11. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

same here in ct fen rain very little ice last night:cry: