1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much snow did you get this yr

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by slplow, Mar 21, 2001.

1. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

So far this yr I plowed and sanded 74" and maybe more tomorrow are averge here is about 40" I hope you all had a great yr so tell us what you got.

2. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

NOT ENOUGH !!!

you have heard of "straving artists"

We have starving snow plow operators here in South East Michigan. I think the total for the year was 24" and 21 of those fell in December.

3. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Here on the west side of Michigan we got about 100". Gotta love lake effect!

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto on the lake effect.

315"

More coming this weekend.

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Officially 104.6 against the normal of 79.2. A lot of that came at an inch a day back in January, just fast enough to keep everything slicked up.

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Average about 35 inches in downtown Boston, currently at about 39. If we finish at that total I'll have no complaints. Although that does pale incomparison to the winter of 96' when we had 108" in downtown .

7. slplow

JAA, how many floors do you have to go up to look out of a window?
    LOL

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Kinda makes you wonder if all the buildings are built on stilts out in Erie, doesn't it?
    :)

~Chuck

9. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Right now we are at 67 inches for the season, since November through today, average for our area is 45inches, pretty decent year. Just my two cents

10. torque20

torque20 Junior Member

counting that 1 inch blizzard?

28 inches and $14,300.00

11. earth works inc.

earth works inc. Member

Guys i got all of you beat. 15 inches or was it 16 inches. used up 130 tons of salt. I dont think i will need to replace any cutting edges for next season.

See you in Denver. Maybe then i will get to see snow again.

12. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

21 events (3" trigger), total snow 123", A bonus of 9" from the average.

JAA over 25 feet of snow, how pizza deliver can fin your adress. how long this snow will stay on the ground.

13. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I posted this on another thread...

We've had 41" so far this year, in my plowing area. To the North and West, where I plow for my brother, they probably got about 48" so far this year.
    I have my old records of the past few winters.
    Here's the standings I was able to find. I have records back to 92 though, somewhere.

1995 - 96 75" (there was a 28" blizzard this year)
    1996 - 97 Less than 6"
    1997 - 98 4"
    1998 - 99 12"
    1999 - 2000 6"
    2000 - 2001 41"

On that other thread, BRL posted that the NWS has an average for Newark of 24". That's the exact average these years come out to.

~Chuck

14. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Here in Albany the news said a few days ago somewhere around 78" it was in the mid to high seventies. Called it a 130% winter which figuring the average 63" is about 80"
    My records show about a foot less. My record keeping abilities have a long way to go before they reach Chucks level. Man I gotta get a secretary before next year. At the rate the money is coming in I should have a Grand Total by July. Maybe June but that's wishful thinking. All in all I love it, wouldn't trade it for anything else:)

15. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott Junior Member

Im in FL we had snow on christmas eve 1972 i beleive, about 1/4 inch. that was our last blizzard. really though, im just curious, which do you guys make more on, plowing, or lawn care?

16. slplow

Two guys mowing 8hr day $1,000. two guys plowing and sanding 8hrs $6,000.That is my average.

17. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott Junior Member

Wow you guys must want snow every day. I still love FL though lol.

18. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

Here in the ozarks we got about 6-8 inches total not enough to pay for a plow!!!!

19. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Skyphoto - last winter up here (considered to be "snow country") the city hall records indicate about 10" total! And the two winters before that were both 11". Needless to say, this one has caught a lot of people off guard!

20. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Our average is around 75".
    So far this year we are at 91". Most of which has come since new years.
    Sure beats the 44" last winter.
    But its not anything like 95-96, 144" that year.
    Almost double the average then.
    Matt