1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much should i sell my plow and jeep for?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zippoz, Feb 18, 2005.

1. zippoz

zippoz Member

well the end of the season is looking closer and closer eery day and im going to sell my jeep and plow.

i have a 6.5 western with prowings, mounted on an 87 jeep cherokee laredo. it has been lifted and has a cd player. it does have some problems though. it needs a new cat and muffler. and the interrior lights on the gauges dont work, which isnt that big of a deal because the spedomiter dosent work either. also the pssenger side doors are bent in because i took a turn too close and hit a concrete baracade on the end of a gas pump island. the doors stil close fine. and there is a little rust on those doors because of chipped paint.

the plow however is in good wokring condition. having used it quite a bit. not a thing has gone wrong with it aside from 1 blown hose, which sould be a testament to the strength of the pump. and as i have mentioned i added pro wings.

what do you think?
    my uncle wants to buy it and keep it as a shop plow, so he wint have to do emisssions or get plates. just kep it on the property. but im open to selling it to someone else in the event he dosent want it
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You paid $1000 for the truck and plow, so it was used when you got it. Sounds like the truck is toast, basically useless. You apparently fixed a hose on the plow and put wings on it. Sounds like all the equipment took a beating.

$500 and be glad to get it.
  3. zippoz

zippoz Member

you cant be serious. the jeep alone would be worth that much if not more...
    and then the plow with the wings?
    personally i was thinking nothing less than $1500. its a working jeep with pro wings and a brand new transmission btw. 4x4 with power windows...
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, I am serious. I read through you're previous posts to get the background to come up with my answer. If there's something pertinent that's not in those posts, then obviously that would make a difference.
  5. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

Mick, if I ever need a private investigator I AM CALLING YOU! :blush2: You definately 100 % have all of your I's dotted and T's crossed!