1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much should I pay?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dailylc, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I have a plow and mount that will fit on my neighbors truck. He has been out of work most of the year, he's an opperator. He came to me and suggest I put the plow on his truck and pay him to push. I have 2 subs I pay $65 hr with their equipment. If I put my plow on his truck what would be a fair pay. I am looking for another truck, but picky on what I buy so in no hurry. What to do?

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I would think half since he owns half of what's needed to plow.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That would depend on how much $ he made you.

Is he looking to keep the plow?
    Just use it for free?
    Who pays install?
    Are you going to pay repairs if it breaks while he is using it?
    Is he going to show up at every event when called or tell you "not this time I need sleep"?

Is only ,probably, 1 person I would do what you ask and that is only because I know he would understand what I expected back.

Sell him the plow deducting $XXX.xx each of his checks and make him a regular sub for you otherwise.

Favors are like are like a good t-bone steak. Everyone wants one but no one wants to return it when done.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009