1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much should I bid?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by hanson0429, Jan 14, 2009.

1. hanson0429

hanson0429 Junior Member

How much should I bid for this trailer park? 1” trigger to plow all the streets no salt. All the streets should come out to around 4 to 5 mi. They do not want anything fancy just safe streets.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

what is your overhead like? do you have a shop and lots of equiptment or do you run one vehical out of your home? what truck are you running? i'd a least use a f800 or bigger with an power angle plow
  3. hanson0429

hanson0429 Junior Member

One truck from home.

The people that do it now use 2 2500 trucks with 8' s.

This will be my only steady contract for now .
    I just sub for others as of now.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm not a expert here but with a pickup w/ 8' i think it would take 8-10 passes (plowing with the storm) probably 45 min per pass...that's apx 7 hrs....depending on your overhead i'd charge $50-$100/hr...if you had a biger truck you could charge more....
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Are there any speed bumps? Most TP's I've seen have them, one reason I never wanted one.
  6. hanson0429

hanson0429 Junior Member

Yes but only 4 on the main circle so it's not too bad.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would agree, that sounds pretty solid to me.
  8. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Start at $60 an hour. I would also agree with the 7 hour estimate.
    What about sanding/salting, If they get any freezing rain they will be calling, will they take you back next year if you can't do that and have to call on another company?
  9. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

sounds like these guys are bidding a little low i would stick to my price of 110 an hour make some money plowing there looks pretty easy
  10. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i agree with the above post a bigger truck would be great on the job something with a nice 10ft blade but u gotta take what u can get so im surprised no one asked this but is there any manholes? to worry about is it well paved? or is it just nice smooth road with almost nothing to worry about? id say $110 an hour drop the blade and hit it going about 20mph do it like the town lol (only if its clear with no obstructions of course)
  11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Do you know what he's payin now? Maybe he thinks it's too much.